Why Study a Foundation Apprenticeship?
Studying for a Foundation Apprenticeship gives you the chance to combine work based qualifications such as Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) or National Certificate (NC) with practical work experience in industry.
Who Can Apply?
The Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) in Creative and Digital Media is for pupils staying on at school. You can choose an FA as one of your subjects in S5 or S6.
These vary depending on whether you start the Foundation Apprenticeship in S5 or S6. It could range from some subjects at National 5 to 1 or 2 Highers. Check with your school for details.
National Progression Award in Creative and Digital Media: Technologies, Processes and Practices
- Creative Industries: An Introduction - Scotland
- Creative Industries: Understanding a Creative Brief
- Media: Understanding the creative process
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
Diploma in Creative and Digital Media
- Work effectively with others in the Creative Industries
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
plus Optional units from:
- Prepare for and conduct interview in creative media
- Communicating using digital marketing/ sales channels
- Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns
- Record audio and video material
- Edit audio and video material
Industry Challenge Project
- National Progression Award (NPA) Creative and Digital Media: Technologies, Processes and Practices (at SCQF level 6).
- Diploma in Creative Digital Media (4 units).
1 - 2 years
What can I go on to next?
- Employment in the creative industries.
- You could continue your studies at college or university, gaining an HNC/D or degree in a number of creative disciplines.
- You could complete a Modern Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media at SCQF Level 7.
How To Apply
To apply for a Foundation Apprenticeship you should complete an application form through your school. You may be required to attend an interview and complete a relevant aptitude test.
Have a look at the apprenticeships.scot website to see what your school offers and to enquire.
Related Career Areas