Why Study a Foundation Apprenticeship?
Studying for a Foundation Apprenticeship gives you the chance to combine work based qualifications such as Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) or National Certificate (NC) with practical work experience in industry.
Who Can Apply?
The Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) in Creative and Digital Media is for pupils to begin in S5 and to complete in S6.
3-5 subjects at National 5 including English. Maths, Art and Design, Computing Science or a science subject may be required. It is recommended that you work towards relevant Highers by the end of S6.
Check individual college websites for specific entry requirements.
- An Introduction to Creative Industries in Scotland
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
- Creative Industries: Understanding a Creative Brief
- Media: Understanding.
- Work effectively with others in the Creative Industries
- Ensure Your Own Actions Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
- Communicating Using Digital Marketing/Sales Channels
- Use Digital and Social Media in Marketing Campaigns
- A media project for the industry.
- National Progression Award (NPA) Creative and Digital Media: Technologies, Processes and Practices (at SCQF level 6).
- Diploma in Creative Digital Media (4 units).
What can I go on to next?
- Employment in the creative industries.
- You could continue your studies at college or university, gaining a Higher National Certificate/Diploma (HNC/D) or degree in a number of creative disciplines.
- You could complete a Modern Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media at SCQF Level 7.
How To Apply
To apply for a Foundation Apprenticeship you should complete an application form through your school. You may be required to attend an interview and complete a relevant aptitude test.
Related Career Areas
The following colleges are offering this Foundation Apprenticeship: