Why Study a Foundation Apprenticeship?
Studying for a Foundation Apprenticeship gives you the chance to combine work based qualifications such as Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) or National Certificate (NC) with practical work experience in industry.
Who Can Apply?
The Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) in Financial Services is for pupils staying on at school. You can choose an FA as one of your subjects in S5 or S6.
These vary depending on whether you start the Foundation Apprenticeship in S5 or S6. It could range from some subjects at National 5 to 1 or 2 Highers. Check with your school for details.
National Progression Award (NPA) in Financial Services:
- Financial Services: An Introduction
- Financial Services: The Regulatory Framework
- Financial Services: Communication
- Financial Services: Promoting Positive Customer Relationships
- Financial Services: Personal Finance Awareness
- Work Placement.
Three mandatory units of the SVQ Providing Financial Services at SCQF Level 6:
- Develop yourself to improve and maintain workplace competence in a financial services environment
- Develop productive working relationships in a financial services environment
- Ensure you comply with regulations in the financial services environment.
- National Progression Award (NPA) in Financial Services.
- SVQ Providing Financial Services at SCQF Level 6 (3 units).
1 - 2 years
What can I go on to next?
- Employment in finance industry.
- You could continue your studies at college or university, gaining a Higher National Diploma or degree in financial services.
- You could complete a Modern Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services at Levels 2 and 3.
- You could go on to a Level 4 Technical Apprenticeship in Banking, Insurance and Professional Services.
How To Apply
To apply for a Foundation Apprenticeship you should complete an application form through your school. You may be required to attend an interview and complete a relevant aptitude test.
Have a look at the apprenticeships.scot website to see what your school offers and to enquire.
Related Career Areas