Getting In

Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA) Educational trusts and charities Funding full time further education Funding full time higher education Funding part time study Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) Sponsorships and scholarships

Individual Training Accounts (ITAs)

Article Image

If you live in Scotland, are aged 16 or over, earn £22,000 a year or less or are on benefits, you may qualify for an Individual Training Account (ITA) to help with the costs of study. You do not have to pay this back.

You could get up to £200 a year towards the cost of learning through a wide range of courses. You must have registered your ITA account before you start the course. Always check in advance if the course you are interested in is eligible.

You can use your ITA account if you are thinking of studying through the Open University, but the course must be for less than 30 Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework (SCQF) credits.

You can find out more and apply for an ITA account online at the My World of Work website at or phone 0141 285 6100.

You will only be able to apply for one course in any one academic year, and the course should be geared towards helping you getting a job, or progressing in the job you are in.

Was this article useful?
Please help us improve Planit by rating this article.